OE human body.
- Mortal life.
- Mortal body; mortal life.
- Skin; substance of the body.
- Body as distinguished from the soul.
- Phrase. “made Flesh”: incarnate; embodied; given a mortal body; brought to life as a human being (see John 1:14); [fig.] sanctified by mortal experience; transformed by real love into a sacrament of physical and spiritual food; [metaphor] pronounced; represented in speech sounds; spoken aloud in a particular language.
flesh [-ly] adj
see flesh, n.
- Mortal; vulnerable; [kenning “fleshly Gate”] mortality; physical body; bondage of earthly life.
- Carnal; corruptible; sensual; animal; inclined natural instincts.