OFr imperial < L. imperialis.
- Royal; aristocratic; majestic; [fig.] clothed in purple.
- Best; superior; greatest; supreme; magnificent; most grand; especially excellent; exceedingly fine; befitting an emperor.
- Masterful; commanding; imperious; overwhelming.
- Bold; skillful; powerful; effective; vigorous; forceful; [fig.] unavoidable; inescapable; undeniable; hard-hitting.
- High; lofty; exalted; triumphant; victorious; mighty; [fig.] heavenly; celestial; visible in the sky above.
- Heroic; noble; awe-inspiring.
- Select; elect; chosen; [fig.] rare; exceptional; extraordinary.
see imperial, adj.
- Sovereignly; impressively; omnipotently; overbearingly; imposingly; boldly; augustly; with royal authority; in a powerfully manner.