see in, prep.
- Inwardly; internally; towards the center; [fig.] privately; discretely; quietly; without talking about it.
- Within; inside; to safety; to the interior.
- Coming as; arriving by.
- As; for; representing one.
- At; towards the place of.
- During; at a time of.
- Contained by.
- Wearing; appearing with; having on.
- Occupying; dwelling at.
- As part of.
- For; in order to have.
- Using; on behalf of; for the sake of; by virtue of; by the authority of; by means of.
- By; through the medium of.
- Doing; engaged with.
- Representing; exemplifying.
- On; located upon; on the surface of.
- Of; for.
- Phrase. “in vain”: hopelessly; fruitlessly; in futility; not efficaciously; without obvious effect; without immediate results; not having positive resolution.
- Phrase. “in case”: perchance; in the event; for the contingency; to be ready if; if it should so happen.
- Phrase. “in state”: formally buried; ceremonially interred.
- Phrase. “in which”: that; during the time that; [conj.].